Catch, document, release, and report Florida largemouth bass over 8 pounds to:
- Earn rewards, starting with $100 in giftcards.
- Help state conservation biologists enhance trophy bass fisheries.
- Share your catch on the web, and keep up with TrophyCatch happenings.
Just registering puts you in an annual drawing to win a boat.
Overview and Goal Statements
TrophyCatch is an incentive-based conservation program designed for anglers who catch-and-release largemouth bass heavier than eight pounds, in Florida.
Our goals are:
- Collect valid information through citizen-science about trophy bass to help the FWC better enhance, conserve and promote trophy bass fishing
- Encourage catch-and-release of the biggest, oldest, most valuable bass
- Excite anglers about Florida freshwater fishing encouraging them to purchase licenses and fish more resulting in benefits to anglers, fishing-related businesses, local communities and the fisheries by having more support and funding for conservation
- Share information about fishing opportunities and destinations to make fishing more enjoyable
Anglers are encouraged to follow catch-and-release guidelines for these big bass and to document the catch through a photograph of the entire bass on a scale with the weight clearly legible. See RULES and PRIZES for details.
Don't qualify for TrophyCatch? Angler recognition is provided for memorable catches of 33 different species of freshwater fishes in Florida through Big Catch, and features Specialist, Master and Elite Angler challenges. See more at BigCatchFlorida.com.
Trophy Catch YouTube
See more videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Xtreme Bass Series
- Crackerboys Bass Club
- Bay Area Bassmasters